Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Inside/Out

I made it to a workout class Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am on a roll (and trying to get rid of the one around my midsection)!

On Saturday I went to Tina Conway's Yoga Flow class. I finally was able to get my feet flat on the floor for downward dog. I was giddy with excitement, no joke.

I noticed that Raj Shtrom had a sub for her classes on Sunday and that Jonathan Carroll was teaching something called Inside/Out. Jonathan teaches the only Pilates classes I've ever taken that haven't made me want to go to the bathroom and never come back. I was really happy to have the chance to take a class with him and even more so when he remembered me after 2 years of being a no show!

Inside/Out was like a better Barre Burn, which, for those not in the know, is like a knock off (but superior?) version of Barre Method. We did so many leg lifts and demi plies I'm lucky my legs even move. There were so many women in the class that there was no chance to use the barres even if Jonathan had wanted us to, so instead we used flexi-bars. Flexi-bars are much difficult to use to keep steady than weighted body bars because the bend. I liked that it felt like I was paying special attention to the smaller muscles in my legs, back, and arms that I might ignore when doing other exercises.

We used very light weights for bicep, triceps, and shoulder work. After the lifting I did yesterday, I could really feel the 3 lbs weights. It sounds so incredibly light, but the small, slow movements add up.

I'm not the biggest fan of abdominal work but Jonathan made it almost painless. I think the best sign of a good workout class is when you find that an hour has flown by and you haven't looked at the clock. If Jonathan can get me to work my obliques without staring as the seconds count down, you know he's doing something right.

Inside/Out is offered at many Equinoxes but to have Jonathan, you'll need to visit the Long Island locations.

Here are some lululemon pieces that are good for classes like Barre Burn and Inside/Out. All of the women at Equinox seem to be in lululemon. I calculated that one lady's outfit, plus her lululemon bag was almost as much as my rent (okay more than half my rent but not as high as three-quarters.)
Back Burner Tank
Barre Pulse Pant
 I love these socks because they are so true. That being said, I go barefoot. If I were going to wear anything, I'd break out my old ballet slippers.
The Method Sock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...