Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Planning and Still Failing

Sometimes you can plan ahead and still fail.

This past week I was in San Diego for work. Yay San Diego! Many of you know what my profession is, but for those of you who don't, I help a non-profit create new regions around the country. I travel each month for meetings, but I was out in San Diego for a week of team building, community involvement, and immersion in the city's educational landscape. Long hours as you can imagine.

the great looking pool I never got to get into
It was an amazing week, yadda yadda yadda, lives were changed, impact was made, and yet despite my best efforts, I never once exercised. The hotel had a gym and the weather was perfect for running. This June Gloom business is basically a race director's dream by the way.

When I packed to come home, I put all of my clean workout clothes in my carry-on. It was full of things I didn't wear.

more clean clothes for CrossFit!
Sometimes these things happen and you have to move on. Despite my sedentary lifestyle, I am down 10 lbs from the beginning of May. I think making better food choices (like avoiding the leftover potluck on the 9th floor) have been paying off. That, and a massive amount of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...