Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Friday's WOD


On Friday I counted the minutes until I could go to 4:45 PM CrossFit. I thought I was pulling a fast one until I realized that I had already worked 8.5 hours. Regardless, the convenience of 8 floors separating me from my workout cannot be beat.

The founder of my organization looked less than pleased with my jorts so I felt a little uncomfortable about changing into my workout clothes before my 4 PM call. Obviously it didn't stop me from doing it though.

risked being spotted by the boss lady to scurry back to the bathroom for a selfie

Friday's WOD was hard. All that deload business doesn't apply to me because I don't have anything to deload. I started with a lady bar and then added 5 lbs plates to either side.


I picked a 14kg kettlebell for my swings but I could tell pretty quickly that it was too heavy. I didn't want to admit defeat but I was thrilled when Anthony handed me a lighter one after my second round. I was really fortunate to get a lot of one-on-one instruction from Anthony. Not only did it make me feel baller, but I now have a better understanding of how to scale the workouts for my current ability.

I had spent a good portion of my lunchtime watching videos on double-unders. I opted for the 200 single-unders, but have plans to practice double-unders in the privacy of my parents' backyard. I'm actually pretty decent at jumping rope. Thanks Bonne Marano for making me learn this important skill (and for not laughing every time I hit myself in the head)!

I finally took a shower at CrossFit. The showers are perfectly nice, but it was so humid that I felt like I was sweating through my clothes the minute I got changed into them. 


post-shower. might be sweatier than before.

I'm very proud to be covered in bruises that I didn't get from drinking. I've been showing them off to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...