Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday: LifeTime Fitness Visit

Throwback to the time Christine brought me to Lifetime Fitness as her guest.



I met Christine in Yves Maco's kickboxing class at Equinox in the fall of 2010. She was one of the cool kids in the front of the class. I made it my goal to be one of the cool kids in the front of the class. Soon we were bitching about teaching in the locker room, sharing hair-ties, and kicking synchronized ass front and center. Life was good.

Then Yves left Equinox, I moved back to Manhattan, and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons have never been the same.

Before Yves opened up MC Dance and Fitness with Coco, he started teaching at Lifetime Fitness in Syosset. I find this place terrifying. It looks and feels like a mall. In a strange twist of fate, CrossFit Central LI, my home away from home, is located directly behind it. I chuckle every time I drive over there.


Christine invited me to be her date one night for Yves' sculpt class followed by kickboxing. The place was fucking packed and it reinforced everything I believed to be true about massive gyms that rival the Mall of America - THEY ARE WORSE THAN AIRPORTS. But Yves' class was great because his classes are always great. 


I will say that the people in this sculpt class were using weights heavier than I was using that night. Many women were using 15# dumbbells. 


Just sporting the official pant of Long Island - the Juicy Couture sweatpant.


So much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...