Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

14.3


I missed the 14.3 announcement because GoGo in-flight wireless refused to live stream it for me. That's some malarkey because I really wanted to see Alessandra Pichelli kick some major ass. My name is Alessandra, her name is Alessandra. I'm 27, she's 27. This workout made me giddy with excitement, she schooled this workout like nobody's business. This is what I call fate because back in 1986, our parents' clearly named us with this moment in mind.

WORKOUT 14.3

WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old
Complete as many reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
95-lb. deadlifts, 10 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
135-lb. deadlifts, 15 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
155-lb. deadlifts, 20 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
185-lb. deadlifts, 25 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
205-lb. deadlifts, 30 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch
225-lb. deadlifts, 35 reps
15 box jumps, 20-inch



The 24-year-old texted to say that he got 91 reps on Friday. I was going down to the box for a trial run during the afternoon WOD and I had one goal - beat the 24-year-old. Ninety-three reps later, I had. BAM.

The math was kind of a pain in the ass for this workout. I used a 45 lbs men's bar with two 25# plates. Then I added two 20# plates to either side. I added a 10# plate on each side for the next set and then a ten# and a 5# plate to either side for my final set. I made it up to 185# deadlifts.


My 1RM on the deadlift is 225#. I wasn't sure I could even get to the 185# deadlifts after already completing 45 deadlifts, but I'm glad I got those extra plates ready. The desire to beat the 24-year-old is a strong motivator. 

My WOD partner Steph and I post 14.3.
I got those sweet Reebok socks as a thank-you for being a good person.
My Friday score was unofficial and I was back at CFHK on Sunday for the real event. There was a lot of chatter about not repeating 14.3 but I had to since I didn't have official scores. And I had saved some gas on Friday because I knew I was doing it again. Might I have scored higher had I done the workout once and gone all out? Maybe, but since that didn't happen, I'm am more than pleased with my actual score. Ninety-eight reps. That's eight deadlifts at 185#. That's heavy.

It was beyond awesome to be home for an Open workout. I was there with my friends and we were cheering and screaming and growling and it was great. Check out the photo up top taken by the extremely talented Laia Marti. That's exactly how it felt - like I was lit up in a blaze of color, kicking ass, and taking no prisoners. I lucked out and had my close friend Clarissa judging me. She is awesome and I knew she wouldn't bro rep me. I worked very hard for each of those damn lifts.

Tonight we learn what 14.4 has in store for us. Word on the street is that Castro's serving up a chipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...