Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CrossFit 1 Year Anniversary

Today is my CrossFit anniversary and it has been a great day. I wrote the post below on Facebook this morning.

Abby, Garland, me, and Svetlana the night of my last WOD (for a while) at CFHK
Today is my one year CrossFit anniversary and I could not be happier with the last 365 days of my life. By signing up for Essentials at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen, I started a journey that took me from a pretty dark place to one where I am filled with love for others and allow them to love me in return. I am a better friend, daughter, sister, and employee. I am also strong as fuck. Thank you Anthony Preischel for putting up with my shenanigans and always pushing me to be better. Getting my first rope climb with you was one of the greatest moments ever. Thank you Jim Cerqua for being a badass Essentials coach who made me psyched to show up the next week for the "scary and intimidating" WODs with everyone else. Thank you Danielle Eberhart, Hayden-William Courtland, Marc Giordano, Jason Fernandez, and Stephen for being great coaches with your own coaching styles - I'm so lucky to have trained with each of you.

I am blessed to have such a wonderful CrossFit family at CFHK and to have made friends across the NY CrossFit community. Matthew Bronson, James Quigley, and Blair regularly welcomed me to EVF. Chad Syniec, Alex Wong, PJ, and Chris made me consider moving back to Long Island so I could go to Crossfit Central LI more often. And without Team Dangerous and their prom, who knows if I would have stayed in NY long enough to make any of these friends?

While I miss every one of the amazing people I call my friends in NY, today I am excited to spend my anniversary at Crossfit Identity in Atlanta. As Frank Sinatra said, "It was a very good year."


So what was the WOD on my 1 year mark? A little something called sweat out your last brain cell and pray for mercy. It's actually called the Ghost and was created for Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero and made to mimic a six round boxing match. Thanks Dave Castro!



“The Ghost”

6 rounds of:
1 minute of rowing (for calories)
1 minute of burpees
1 minute of double-unders
1 minute rest

you know its a hard WOD when you can barely record your score
Before I almost threw up on myself, the strength skill was the push press with a 3-3-2-2-1 rep scheme. I miscalculated the amount of weight on the bar and got 2 reps at 95# thinking it was 75#. I went for a 1 rep at 105# but realized what weight I was actually using and psyched myself out and dropped it. It was also just really heavy and I should have tried for 100# instead. This tells me that I am stronger than I think I am and should push myself more.

the 6 PM class
look at that adorable miniature Dachshund Rozzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...