Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grumpy Run

So while I was on the Cape this weekend I decided I needed to use at least one set of the workout clothes I aggressively packed. The group wanted to grab brunch at Grumpy's so I offered to run the half mile there so we could take one car. Dressed in my favorite black running shorts, my awesome day-glo Champion C9 sports bra, and a black C9 technical tank top, I took off down the road. I tell my companions they need to leave immediately because I will be there in 4 minutes. I do my little run with a flaming hangover, my hairclip pulling at my scalp, sure I'm going to boot all over Route 134. I get to Grumpy's, salivating over my future breakfast sandwich (I hadn't eaten since lunch the day before!), and sit down on the bench in the parking lot. Seventeen minutes later those boozy Susies roll up. What part of a 7 minute mile didn't you understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...