Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

RESULTS!

Jonathan Carroll's RESULTS! class at the Great Neck Equinox should be marketed as a runner's conditioning class. I went to this forty-five minute class on Monday and we did every exercise I knew I should do to strengthen and stretch my legs, but usually won't do on my own. We also worked our core and did some upper body work.

I love Jonathan's classes because he uses the step. The step is an old-school and under appreciated tool. My legs always look the best when I've been at step class. You can do lunges off the back, lunges off the side, repeater lunges, hamstring curls... and everything is more effective because of the change in levels. Jonathan had us do a bajillion (okay 56) calf raises. My legs were killing me!

If you're like me, and you tend to avoid your conditioning exercises, find a class like this to enhance your overall fitness while you continue to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...