Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, December 16, 2013

A Sense of Humor

People often point out to me that while I may initially get very upset about incidents or situations, I usually calm down pretty quickly and approach whatever bothered me more rationally. I can be very logical, perhaps to a fault, because I can take all of the emotions out of a situation and see it as  a cut and dry series of events. That might explain why some people have the misperception that nothing ever gets to me. I just think I tend to see the humor in situations. If you don't laugh at yourself, no one can laugh with you. (Very profound, I know.)

If you had told me six months ago that I would be calling the 23-year-old (now 24) for advice about a guy I like who doesn't like me (blows my mind too), I would have told you that you were insane. We weren't speaking and the kid once admitted to having the relationship skills of Miley Cyrus. Now he's happily dating the love of his life and spouting wisdom like he's Dr. Phil if Dr. Phil made any sense at all.
no really he did and then I sent it to Texts From Last Night

I often occasionally sometimes make terrible decisions but I don't dwell on them or bother with regrets. I apologize when I have to (I really hate saying I'm sorry), but otherwise I'm happy to just keep trucking along and will usually ignore things in an effort to avoid them. If you wait a problem out long enough, it tends to go away on its own. My doctor would say that by not dealing with problems as they arise that I've created a lot of deep-rooted issues, but I've managed to avoid consequences my entire life and I really feel no need to start facing them now.

sometimes you wake up and this is exactly how you feel
The weekend was entirely devoid of exercise. I slept through spinning, skipped my race, and spent all of Sunday watching Revenge in bed. I went to CrossFit Hell's Kitchen's holiday party on Saturday and had an amazing time. If keg stands count as exercise, then I got my workout.

In other awesome news, I tried on a pair of Juicy Jeans that I bought when I was 13-years-old on Saturday and they fit. Who says life isn't looking up?

size 26 circa 2000
and I tend to look pretty awesome even when suffering a debilitating hangover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...