Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Deadlift PR

Monday is deadlift day and since deadlifts are my favorite, it is always an awesome day even when it also includes handstand push-ups and toes-to-bar and other necessary evils. I went to the 9 PM class after putting in a full day of work, which included trying to track down the grant application process for an organization whose website is a hot mess of interactive icons. I don't care how cool it looks - if it's adding time to my brief research, I hate your marketing people.


I was very excited to get downstairs to let out some of the aggression I felt towards these web designers. Since I was able to lift 143# pretty easily during our last wave 3, I told myself I should aim for 155#. I have that Big Lifts app but I'm pretty sure I didn't set it up properly and I just keep overwriting my original numbers with new numbers and screwing the whole thing up. When I got to 125#, I was like this is too easy so I decided to throw some more weight on there. If it was too heavy, I'd take it off. It's not like I've gotten to the point where I can't admit that something is too heavy for me - I just wanted to see if I could push myself. I got 6 reps at 183# so I'm standing by my decision to see what was possible.


let me know if you'd like to set up Big Lifts for me
METCON (AMRAP – REPS)
4 rounds for distance and reps:

1:00 ME Handstand Push Ups
2:00 ME KB Snatch + KB OHS 24/16kg (alternate hands every rep)
1:00 ME TTB
1:00 Rest
8:10 PM doing their HSPU
Give me an 183# barbell and I'm fine but I was taken down by an 8kg kettlebell. That's a little over 17 1/2 pounds. I've always had trouble straightening my arms next to my head but now I'm seeing how my triceps weakness is affecting a lot more than just yoga. Guess we know what to work on.

I really hate HSPU, especially because I can't do them (yet) and have to use the box. I also don't like the new boxes except for when doing modified HSPU. There's something unsatisfying about doing a box jump that doesn't involve the risk of blood.


This was not my finest WOD but I'm okay with it. Once I get over my fear of falling on my face, I get much better at the modified HSPU as you can see by 7, 3, 14, 14. I have nothing to say about the light ass weight I used for the KB snatch and KB OHS. I only counted toes to bar and wouldn't even entertain the idea of knees to elbows. I'd much rather have a lower number of reps and practice a move that I have just figured out how to do than spend time doing a scaled movement that I will need to force my body to forget in order to do the Rx movement.


Anthony post-WOD. He really pushed himself and deserved his sweat angel.


Today I decided to wear my 14-year-old jeans and an over-sized cableknit sweater to work. In order to somewhat justify my homeless chic look, I went with leopard print heels.

someone recently told me that he never noticed my tattoos. not like i don't show them off enough or anything.
I'd also like to give a belated birthday shout-out to one of ISOOM's readers. Emma's birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday Emma! I'm pretty sure she is responsible for spreading this blog to more people than anyone else. She also might be the only person that reads it consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...