Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Brittany's Birthday Burpees

A little over a year ago I met my friend Brittany at a work conference. She's based out of our New Jersey office so I get to see her but not nearly enough. She started CrossFit about a month after I did and she goes to CrossFit Jersey City. They had a scheduled rest day so Brittany came to CFHK with me for a birthday WOD. I was so excited to spend this morning with her!


WARM-UP
SNATCH WARM UP (NO MEASURE)
3 Rounds of 5 Reps each:
Hip Muscle Snatch
Behind Neck Snatch Grip Press
OHS
Heaving Snatch Balance
To be performed with empty bar

I used the lady bar and found it a little heavy. 7 AM WODs are hard for me because chances are I trained the evening before and didn't go to bed at an early hour. I got home at midnight on Wednesday so 5 AM came very quickly.


BARBELL GYMNASTICS
EMOM FOR 7 ROUNDS: 1 POWER SNATCH + 1 HEAVING SNATCH BALANCE + 1 OHS
Every minute on the minute complete the following complex; perform 1 power snatch, 1 heaving snatch and 1 overhead squat. AHAP
Ideally add weight to every set, ending with heaviest set.

I switched to the training bar and worked up to 50 lbs. I appreciate Luis' support in getting me through my last set because that OHS was killer.


CONDITIONING
1000M ROW (TIME)
Max Effort 1000m Row
Perform two 1000m rows, resting the same time that you rowed between rounds. Both rows should be max efforts, however times should not deviate by more than +/- 10 seconds.


We've had a lot of rowing as of late and since I like rowing, I've been pretty happy. I finished my first 1000m in 4:10 and my second in 4:15.


The birthday burpees pretty much killed me. I was 4 behind everyone else and very thankful that Brittany turned 27 today and not any older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...