Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Green Smoothie


I made my first green smoothie this morning. Inspired by a recipe I read in the March issue of Oxygen, I pulled out my Ninja Master Prep at 5:30 am to make this before heading to work.

I put approximately 3/4 of a cup of frozen pineapple chunks, 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein powder, 4 oz coconut water, 4 oz orange juice, 1 handful of baby spinach, 2 ice cubes, and the juice of 1/4 lemon into the blender and pulsed until smooth. I couldn't taste the spinach and this drink was very refreshing. I normally don't add juice to my smoothies, but I had some OJ in the fridge (from making screw drivers I guess), and I think the citrus flavor was a good addition to the pineapple and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...