Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Mourning

It's taken me a few days to write this post because I am still trying to process the emotions and sense of loss I feel. I do not write this in jest - I am not handling this change well at all. Yves Maco has decided to leave Equinox for another gym. We will miss him greatly and I wish him success and happiness as he moves on to different things. I also feel like I am going to throw up. And cry. And maybe throw up while crying.

Yves is more than just a great kickboxing, dance, and sculpt instructor. He brings joy and inspiration to everything he does. The women and men who take his classes count on his infectious personality to push them past their perceived fitness boundaries and reach new levels. Yves has made me feel motivated and accountable. There have been nights when I have been tired and cranky, running on five hours of sleep and a half-eaten lunch, but I knew he expected to see me, and once I arrived at class I was able to find energy reserves I didn't know existed. I have learned to jump higher than I ever thought possible, and it's because Yves made me believe that it was possible.

Yves will continue to teach his Early Birds class at Fusion Fitness (45 Cutter Mill Road) at 8am on Saturdays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...