Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taking Advantage of the Sun

 I had a whole Equinox evening planned, until I saw how nice it was outside when I got home from work. As much as I knew I shouldn't, I went running anyway. Just a five mile run along the river, but I'm sure I would've benefitted more from an evening of plyometrics.

It was a bit chilly, and very windy, but I found it refreshing. I just feel better when I see water, even if it is polluted and filled with dead bodies. The wind definitely slowed me down, and it occurred to me that I don't know what kind of weather conditions I will be running in this weekend. The weather report for DC says 53 degrees and sunny on Sunday, but that doesn't address wind speeds. I'm going to try not to become obsessed with this, although there's a strong chance that if you check my Google history, you'll find "DC wind patterns spring" searched at 3am tomorrow morning.

The skin from my blood blister fell off!
Cool/Gross!




The new Oxygen Magazine arrived in the mail. It has a Yoga Warrior Goddess routine that I tried at my apartment today. I am so awful about stretching after my runs, so at least this was something. I finally got to try out the yoga mat that's been sitting in my closet since last fall.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to find a copy of this routine without buying her entire yoga kit. Any chance you can scan it and send it to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliana. I rustled up this old issue of Oxygen (let's be honest - it was on the shelf in my bathroom) and found the article on p. 88

    The Yoga Warrior Goddess Routine is:

    1. Forward bend
    2. Plank pose
    3. Downward dog
    4. Warrior (lunge variation)
    5. Warrior III
    6. Warrior II
    7. Bikram triangle
    8. Chair pose
    9. Repeat these exercises in reverse

    If you end up getting Trish Stratus' yoga kit, please let me know. I would love to hear about it. And THANK YOU for reminding me of this workout, because now I am going to do it!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...