Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The New 991 is the New Balance 993

For some reason I found myself thinking about New Balance 991s today. These beloved classics were on the feet or in the closet of boarding school kids up and down the Eastern seaboard when I was in high school. I was obsessed with my pair, until the novelty of wearing sneakers to class wore off. I don't think I ever wore them for sports, unless you count the annual IVY Society softball game. Let's be honest, the pictures prove I spent all three years chugging beers in the outfield.

I kept my 991s until my parents' cleaning lady somehow managed to mangle the heel. It was a sad day when I had to toss them in the trash. I had so many fond memories of them. I remember how cute they used to look lined up next to my boyfriend's. (Every boyfriend had them. Everyone I knew had them.)

The New Balance website tells me we have moved on to 993s. Thank goodness they look almost exactly like the 991s, but the 993s features "ABZORB® SBS advanced cushioning in the forefoot for responsiveness you can feel for miles."

Thinking about getting a pair because the novelty of wearing sneakers to work hasn't yet worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...