Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mocha Java Jacked

Back in the good old days (college), I would hit up a gym in Connecticut with my friend Rifle. Big Sky was not the best gym in the world, and I don't recommend it not that a New York Sports Club has opened up in West Hartford, but it had an incredible smoothie bar. Each day Rifle and I would get a delicious drink called a Mocha Java Jacked. For 240 calories, you could drink over 24 oz of delicious frozen, chocolaty caffeine. Sometimes I wouldn't eat again until dinner, but that might have had something to do with all the stimulants I consumed.

After years of trying to recreate this delectable treat, I think I have gotten pretty close. First you need really cold, good coffee. If I have a little left over, I throw it in the fridge for the next day. I've had a half-finished cup from Ottomanelli's in my fridge for days just waiting to be tossed in the blender. Their coffee is delicious. Then you add a half cup of skim milk, a scoop of chocolate whey, and ice. The most important ingredient is Walden's Farms No-Calorie Chocolate Syrup. It's available at your local grocery store in the refrigerated section, most likely next to the Naked Juice and the sliced mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...