Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Stair-Stepper from Hell and Silent Sing-Alongs

I completed two solo workouts this week and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. Normally I use conflicts with the group fitness schedule as an excuse to skip a workout, but not anymore. Today I focused on cardio. I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill. I ran 2 miles and then alternated between inclines and sprints. Then I moved on to the stair-stepper. Sweet cocoa butter, that thing is a beast! My heart rate monitor was screaming 193 bpm and all I was doing was trying to stay upright. I lasted ten minutes, but the guy next to me had been trucking along for close to thirty. I was impressed, and I'm never impressed. To round out my cardio extravaganza, I got on my absolute favorite machine: the Cross Ramp. You get to run on an incline with no impact. It's like God's gift to the gym floor. I did a solid thirty minutes plus three-minute cool down on this machine and it was joyous. 

I listen to iheartradio Real Oldies while I do my cardio machines and I sing along silently. I don't mean that I quietly sing along, or that I kind of move my mouth along with the words. I actually look like I'm singing but the volume is on mute. I get into it. Sometimes I dance. (You should just think about what it takes to keep yourself upright on a Cross Ramp at a 15 incline without holding on while doing the Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air dance. That is a whole lot of freaking core strength thank you very much.) Do not judge me because I silently sing along to 1960s love songs while on the cardio machines... I burnt 781 calories and you're still not as cute as me.

On a side note, has anyone else tried to do cardio machines in lululemon's Knock Out Shorts? Until tonight I had only worn mine to kickboxing, dance, and yoga. Not to get too graphic, but those things were riding so far up my ass, I feel like I relost my virginity to them. Not fun and not cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...