Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Heartbeats

Well finally I have someone to sing the chorus of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" about loudly in the shower.

Always thinking positively.

Last night I went for a run along the Westside Highway. I knew I was going to have to work late so this was a good way to get my workout in and easily return to my desk to follow up on some phone calls.

I just started using PicMonkey so get excited for obnoxious color filters and weird ass crap being added onto my photos. 

So my run kind of sucked. The beautiful weather had become overcast and a little chilly by the time I walked away from my desk phone (which never stops ringing by the way!). My shoulder started acting up after a mile. Last week I woke up and the thing was smarting like nobody's business. I think I sleep on my left shoulder funny when I stay at my parents' house because it felt even worse after spending this past weekend there. I also felt weak. I just haven't been hungry for anything recently. I wish people dumped me more often...

I ran about 6 miles give or take my Garmin issues. I can never decide between waiting for the satellites to load and just getting started with my run. Damn you NYC buildings!

Now that I'm single and trying to stay that way, I've been doing some self-reflection. I've concluded that I am awesome and everyone else has a problem. Obvi. I like to do my thinking while pounding the pavement and find that semi-depressing/semi-angry songs with a great beat help my thought processes. Last night I got into "Heartbeats" by The Knife. Perfect for planning out how the idiot who ditched you is going to run into you outside the office one day and be devastated to see how great you're doing without him... Not that I do that or anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...