Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

15.3

While most of the world was bemoaning Open workout 15.3 because muscle ups were first, I just sad that I wouldn't be getting mad points for my strong doubleunder game.

Workout 15.3

Rx'd
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 14 minutes of:
7 muscle-ups
50 wall-ball shots
100 double-unders
Men use 20-lb. ball to 10 feet, Women use 14-lb. ball to 9 feet

Scaled
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 14 minutes of:
50 wall-ball shots
200 single-unders
Men use 20-lb. ball to 9 feet, Women use 10-lb. ball to 9 feet



15.3 was my opportunity to face some things that make me anxious. I took the judges course this year, but I realized I was nervous to judge anyone because I was afraid I was going to mess up. We needed judges Friday night and I told my internal monsters to shove it and started counting instead. I'm really thankful that I had the honor of judging Jenna, Enrique, and Kristin. They each kicked ass and I like to think that I was helpful by screaming, "Give me 5 more!" every few minutes.

Enrique looks so fresh even though he attacked 15.3. I don't look this put together ever. #jealous
I attempted 15.3 Rx on Friday night. Coach Eric patiently watched me during 14 minutes of muscle up practice, but unfortunately I did not get my first muscle up. It occurred to me about two minutes in that I had never even hung from the rings before. I guess I was intimidated to go near them and I'm glad that I was forced to work on them in front of so many people.


My friend Florie did me a huge solid and came to the box on Sunday to judge me performing the scaled workout. I think I did a pretty good job and I came in 2nd place for scaled women at the box this week. My strategy was to do all my sets as multiple of 5s so that it would be easier for Florie to keep count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...