Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sunday Run

Frank and I flew back to Atlanta yesterday and got home a little before 2 PM. It was good to be back home and we spent some quality time on the couch. I knew I wasn't going to hit my step goal by lying on the couch and was facing a $10 fee for my Pact app if I didn't get moving, so I went for a quick run on the Beltline at 6 PM. The nice thing about living this far west is that the sun still sets at 7 PM this late into the fall.

Atlanta, I love you.
The awesome thing about the run was that I wasn't afraid. I think touring around different (safer?) cities has helped me to get over my fear of being outside with strangers. The only time I got spooked was when I saw this stupid bitch in my peripheral vision. Dude, you look like a tool and there is absolutely no reason to get that close to me ever. It was also warm enough for me to wear shorts and a tank top, and she was dressed like she had just flown in from a chilly day in New York.


Wait, that was me.


Anyway, I squashed the desire to kick her in the face. I've developed a strong dislike of rollerbladers since moving here. Even just thinking about her is making me wish I had tripped her.


I knocked out 3.69 miles. My best mile was 8:56. I definitely forgot to stop the Garmin Fit app when I got back home. Oops.

I wore these adorable headphones, but I learned they are not for running. I could hear the wind jangling the little flags the entire damn run. It was irritating to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...