Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Weight Loss Wednesday 5.23.18

We are back on the weight loss train folks.

May 23, 2018 Progress Photos




Weekly Average Weight: 151.6 lbs
Body Fat Percentage: 23.6%
Lean Body Mass: 115.9 lbs


You are looking at the proud female winner of the Takens Gainz Challenge. I may have been the only woman who successfully uploaded photos all 9 weeks, but you've got to be in it to win it. I ate at approximately maintenance calories for most of the challenge, actually lost about 4 lbs, and went to CrossFit on a more consistent basis. I look basically the same, except with a better booty, so I actually did win.

March 3 - April 21, 2018 Comparison Photos



Now I am committed to losing the extra weight and becoming prouder of my body. Eating at maintenance or at a surplus for 8 months has taught me a lot about my nutrition needs and what triggers me to overeat. Now that I am eating at a deficit again, I am approaching it as what I need to do to achieve my short-term goals. I wouldn't say I'm losing weight at higher calories, but I am making progress on calories that used to make me hungry and lethargic.

Something I've been hesitant to admit out loud is that I want to win the Affinity Athletics Summer Shred Challenge. It's 12 weeks and started on April 29th. Final photos are due July 22nd. I felt like I was having great progress at first because I started at 153.2 lbs and was down to 149.4 lbs last Friday. But now I'm back at 152.8 lbs and feeling a little discouraged.

I read one of Amber Dawn Orton's Instagram posts last week where she talks about excuses versus explanations. The primary explanation for my weight increase is that I went out to dinner last night at this great Italian restaurant called A Mano in Old Fourth Ward. I've been wanting to go for a while and I had a great date. I enjoyed pasta and wine. I also didn't clean my plate. You may know that I can go into food hoarding mode when trying to diet and so this is a win in my book.

My friend Laura started her new job on Monday (proud of you boo!) and she had to switch to the 5:30 AM CrossFit class. I have decided to join her twice a week. It's been a good experience so far, but it has also impacted the scale. If you weigh yourself 3 hours earlier than usual, you have 3 hours less dehydration time. This is also why you might weigh less on the weekends, even if you've eaten more. Couple this with the body's reaction to stress (hello 4:45 AM alarm clock!), and I might be retaining more water than usual. I think I am because my body fat percentage has decreased and I'm 99.9% sure I didn't gain 1.9 lbs of muscle in a week.

Weight Loss Wednesday is back and I've got goals. I'm trying to keep my head in the game to win this competition in a healthy and sustainable manner. Motivation is welcome. Please help me to say no to Chinese food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...