Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor

Today I finally purchased a heart rate monitor!  I am so excited to start using it for my group class workouts.  I have been using the Tap&Track iPhone app to estimate my calories burned during exercise, and I have decided that it is just not accurate enough.  What does intense/moderate/low really mean?  My moderate effort might be someone else's low or intense.  I originally wanted an F6 or an F11, but the knowledgeable salesguy at Dick's Sporting Goods convinced me that the FT7 chest band was the most comfortable.  Dick's doesn't carry the F11, so that wasn't an option.

I tested the FT7 while working out to The Biggest Loser Cardio Max.  I picked the DVD up at the library today while checking out Stephen King's The Stand.  I do not recommend this video for anything besides a warm-up.  Regardless, the HRM is awesome.  I am going to try it again this evening for an abs video and then bring it to the gym with me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...