Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Level 2/3 Yoga

After some confusion about a Saturday morning cardio kickboxing class, I ended up at 8:30am yoga at the Great Neck Equinox last weekend. This class was not for the casual yoga-goer, therefore it was not really for me. But I tried as hard as I could. Sweet niblets, I don't think my body was intended to bend in such directions.

I've been trying to get more into yoga. It improves flexibility and builds strength. I've noticed that even when my upper body looks really strong, I've actually built up my vanity muscles. I see an improvement in my push-ups and planks whenever I'm going to yoga regularly.

As much as I know I should go to yoga, I prefer the rush I get from cardio and conditioning classes. Getting all my energy out relaxes me, while yoga and Pilates usually leave me restless. Not with this class. I had to stop 10 minutes before class ended because at that point I was just rolling on the mat. Two ladies on the Spa staff asked me what was going on inside the studio because each week everyone comes out looking exhausted.

Ashtanga Yoga L2/3
Saturdays at 8:30 am
Raj Shtrom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...