Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ghost 4 Review

Now you might think I'm a little late to the party writing a Ghost 4 review more than six months after they hit the market. Since no one pays me to write reviews about their products (yet) or sends me free shoes to blog about (hint, hint), I review products as I buy them. I purchased my Brooks Ghost 4 running shoes a week before the ING NYC Marathon. (The marathon was on November 6th for all of those who don't have that date permanently seared into their memory.) I wore them once before the marathon and then spend a solid 4 hours, 21 minutes, and 44 seconds running in them. I like Brooks shoes. They're good to go from the box.


I also wore them for the Brooklyn Marathon two weeks later and the Garden City Turkey Trot four days after that. I noticed that I had a serious pain on the top of my foot. I'm not sure if the pain came from switching to the Ghost 4 from the Adrenaline, or if I was tying my laces too tight. I tend to do that, especially when I have new laces. Older laces have some give to them and seem to stretch out later in a run, while newer laces hold their tie. After the New York Marathon I might have created a sore spot that was later exacerbated by wear the same shoes tied too tightly again.
source
I have the blue ones, obviously, since my favorite color is blue. (Take this into consideration when buying me presents.)
source
I also really like the yellow and green ones. I think they would match a lot of my running outfits. (In case you were planning on buying me a present.)
source
Brooks recently came out with a pink pair. I don't do Pepto Pink. I wish they were neon pink and then I'd be dying for a pair. However, this is the perfect shade of pink for breast cancer awareness, so if you're running a race for breast cancer, you should definitely consider buying these.

To buy your own, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...