Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Working From Home

One of the nicest things about my job is the ability to work from home. Since my desk was given away last week and I have been exiled to the third floor until the massive reorganization of the eighth floor, I have decided to work from home as much as possible. Mostly I am annoyed that I had to pack boxes at 5:30 PM instead of getting to happy hour on time, and I am now postponing unpacking these boxes for as long as possible. I have a home office (in my tiny ass studio!) and I like using it.

Yesterday I went for a nice run along the East River before heading into the other office for meetings. Today I fit a lunchtime yoga class in at 74th and 2nd. I've been to Adrian Molina's Warrior Flow Yoga before and I remembered liking it. Good class, but God am I out of shape. However, I was able to get some of my flexibility back by the end of class. I think I've been in a rut lately, really disinterested in working out or taking care of myself. Maybe yoga should be my new thing?

source
I've been eyeing Atheta's Kickbooty™ Bermuda shorts. At $46, they're not incredibly expensive, but I can't really justify buying a bunch of pairs unless I take up yoga regularly. They come in black, asphalt, and heather black. I've heard some great things about Athleta, and there's a store right near my apartment, but unfortunately these shorts are not in stock. I'd like to try a pair on before I commit.

I know I've been MIA for a while, but I do have marathon tales and some gym class reviews I could be persuaded to write. If you send me your requests, I'll get out of this funk and post these thoughts that have been swirling in my head (and the photos clogging my iPhone.) Speaking of funk, I left the gym without showering because I figured I could do it later at home after I took some calls, only to find out that the hot water has been turned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...