Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Reunited with Cleo

Last November I was talked into volunteering with children on a Saturday afternoon. I spent three years of my life working with children. I like to volunteer with animals, the elderly, and the environment, but somehow I ended up at a school on a weekend. There was a boy involved. Most of my really poor decisions are because of a boy or boredom or both.

Anyway, this day was not a total loss. It's where I met my friend Cleo and soon after we were enjoying Kettlebell Kitchen lunches during the workday and watching the Chargers on the weekends and WODing whenever I could get him to drop into Hell's Kitchen. Life was glorious until February when Cleo up and left me for San Francisco. His leaving was the kick in the pants that I needed to leave New York and the rest is history. Oh, and that guy I was willing to volunteer with in order to see? We don't speak anymore, which is for the best.


Cleo and I reunited at the CrossFit Games and enjoyed beers and gossip while watching other people work out. It was exactly like it used to be except it was warm out. We got a workout in together and I haven't been that happy in a really long time.



CrossFit was offering spectator WODs each day on the track. I wish I had gone every day but I didn't realize that it was an organized WOD until the last day. One hundred 50# d-ball over the shoulder was a pretty solid workout and these very friendly fellow CrossFitters shared their celery and peanut butter with me. Overall great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...