Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Civilian Military Combine - New York City 2014


This past Saturday Team CrossFit Hell's Kitchen took on the Civilian Military Combine (CMC) - New York City 2014, and as Social Director, I felt that it was my duty to be there. That, and I just really like my CFHK friends and signed up months ago because I knew I'd be in New York for weddings in September.



I recruited the boyfriend, Ryan, and the boyfriend's cousin, Tommy, to join Team CFHK. I originally convinced Ryan to sign up because it's my goal for him to become best friends with all of my CFHK friends so that everyone I like will be in one place when I come visit New York. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen BUT Tommy might drop in at CFHK to see how he likes it.

Tommy, Ryan, and I stuck together for the entire race.
Ask Ryan why it's a bad idea to wear those eye black stickers for 2 hours.
I'm less than thrilled with my Pit performance. I didn't hydrate enough and I didn't consider that we might start late so I was pretty hungry. I put in a good effort but I wasn't prepared for the heat. I'm proud of myself for completing every obstacle on the Course even though I was really scared I was going to fall.

in case you wanted to know my birthday...
Darren captures the team as we take off for the course.
I jacked most of these photos from my friends Garland and Rommel. 

Garland, Rommel, and Denis after the race
the Wu Brothers
Janice, Garland, and I before the race.
I love my Hell's Belles tank but the bib safety pins ripped out and now there are holes.
I think Garland looks glorious.
my teammates from Frostbite 2014 have found true love in my absence
Stay tuned for more photos and details once CMC posts the official pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...