Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Yum, Crickets


The guys from Exo Protein came to CFHK last March to share samples and sell their protein bars made of cricket flour. I tried one and got entirely freaked out that I was chewing through a bug skeleton. But I was freaking out for no reason; the exoskeletons are ground into flour. Turns out those bits I was chewing on were just nuts...


I bought a case of assorted flavors back when they only made three flavors: Cashew Ginger, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Cacao Nut. The Cashew Ginger and Cacao Nut are paleo. They've since dropped the Cashew Ginger and introduced Blueberry Vanilla and Apple Cinnamon. This sucks because Cashew Ginger was my favorite.



Bring back the Cashew Ginger!


The Peanut Butter and Jelly was fairly tasty. It had an interesting tangy flavor.


This is from the time my friend Laksen asked if he could try one of my bars at work and I said yes and then told him halfway through that it was made of cricket skeletons. He said it wasn't half bad.


I thought I had finished my box months ago but I found one Cacao Nut straggler in the box at my office that I shipped down from New York. I enjoyed this treat as a pre-workout snack yesterday.


Exo, Inc. is based out of Brooklyn. You can order boxes of their protein bars on their website, 12 for $36. You can also sign up for a monthly subscription and save 10% on each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...