Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

15.5

Workout 15.5
27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Row (calories)
Thrusters

Men use 95 lb.
Women use 65 lb.

Open workout 15.5 was my opportunity to redeem myself after a very disappointing 15.4. A year before, I did thrusters at 65# for the very first time during 14.5. They were difficult and I could only do about three at a time, and I got no-repped like nobody's business.

My friend Laia Marti captured me mid-thrust. Awesome photo, but it also motivated me to start tracking what I eat. I still consume all sorts of fried deliciousness, but at least I'm tracking my macros?

14.5: 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of 65# thrusters and bar facing burpees
I love Laia's photos and she has some great shots of 15.5 from CrossFit Hell's Kitchen and Reebok 5th Avenue that I'm excited to showcase in this post. She is seriously talented and you should hire her to photograph your next event.

Couples who work out together, stay together.
Tommy Wornham and Christina Gryte from Reebok CrossFit 5th Ave
I aimed to arrive at the box in time to warm up before the first heat, but I obviously got a work call from my west coast colleague right as I was tying my Nanos. Eff. Apparently everyone wanted to compete on Friday night and I ended up in the last heat. I was cool with that, especially because I got to judge my friend Stacy. She makes thrusters look graceful. I'd hate her if I didn't like her so much.

Coach Bobby at Reebok CrossFit 5th Ave
We had a great turnout at CrossFit Identity. Kill Cliff was there mixing drinks and giving out sunglasses. I've already misplaced by new #berrylegit shades and I'm pissed. Edesia Meals was making tasty treats. I had some of their delicious paleo sloppy joe's before it was my turn to go. Stomach of steel.

Tommy Wornham
My preworkout had definitely worn off and I had to pee every 15 seconds, which apparently is a side effect of chugging preworkout and then doing nothing by Rxing the cheer for 2 hours. Finally it was my turn and I was excited, nervous, but also strangely calm.

Amanda Lopez at Reebok CrossFit 5th Ave
Anna Marie was my judge. She was super supportive and gave great advice. I definitely came out the gate rowing too fast and I'm glad that I slowed down to pace myself for later.

Rowing at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen.
I spot Micha, Rommel, and Jacinto rowing and Eric, Colby, Jonathan, Rena, and Bri judging.
Brian Pugaczewski knocking out a thruster in a Colorado shirt. I have the same one in red, nbd.
I needed to stay consistent with the thrusters and I was a little nervous about the weight. I went 9-9-9, 7-7-7, 8-7, 9. This is my proudest Open accomplishment because I sure as hell couldn't do those last year and I wasn't no-repped at all.

Sergio Muniz at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen
It was a successful end to my second Open season and I know what I need to work on. I need to lean out, work on my shoulder mobility, and practice overhead and gymnastics movements. And now it's time for my Regionals Spectator Diet.

Colby Levin at CFHK
Eric Rivera at CFHK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...