Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Tackling the 10K

This year I won a bib in the Peachtree Road Race, which is the biggest 10K and apparently the thing to do in Atlanta on the Fourth of July.

I've got a confession to make - I'm a little scared of the 10K. It's not a distance I've ever felt comfortable in because it's not a distance that feels natural to me. A 5K makes total sense. A half-marathon makes total sense. A 50K is just ten 5Ks. But the 10K has always lurked there. Is it a fast race? Is it a paced race?

My best time was at the Great Cow Harbor 10K back on September 17, 2011. I finished in 46:04.2. Those are 7:25 minute miles. Here are some terribly blurry screenshots I found in an old unfinished blog post.






These are from when I used to run in running skirts. And this photo is from before my parents decided to redecorate the powder room and fuck it all up. #bitter


Today we did Helen and I finished in 11:18. Those pull-ups felt. SO. HEAVY. But I did get a 3 minute 14 second PR from from December 14, 2015.

Helen
3 Rounds For Time:
400m Run
21 KB Swings (53/35)
12 Pull Ups

After Helen, I died on the floor for a bit and then switched to my running shoes to go for a mile run. If I'm going to tackle the 10K, I am going to have to start running outside of WODs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...