Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Chewy COATED Granola Bars

I couldn't agree more. Yesterday I drove to the nearest Trader Joe's in search of deliciously salty seaweed snacks, and while waiting in the checkout line I saw these:
I couldn't wait to get home to try one. They are essentially healthier versions of the Quaker Chewy granola bars we used to get at snack time. Or at least my friends and I got them at snack time because our school provided us with snack at 10:15 every morning. I have to admit that my favorite snack was the Dolphin and Friends cheddar crackers, but the Chewy granola bar was a close second.
Trader Joe's version is even better than the Quaker kind because it is COATED in chocolate on one side. That's right. An entire extra layer of chocolately goodness. The lack of chemicals in these tasty treats means they don't stay together as well as the original, but this is a small price to pay. I have to warn you that the chocolate chips tend to fall out if you're not careful. I may or may not have dropped a few in the couch. Shhh... Don't tell my mom. At 150 calories, I have been enjoying one two each day with minimal guilt. It's better than inhaling my dad's "hidden" candy bar stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...