Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Running - Everybody's Doing It

So one of my favorite teachers (real teacher, of children, not a fitness instructor) is not only adorable but superfun. She was my wingwoman at a work-related event, and since I left with six eligible (yet mildly crazy) men interested in me, I think she earned her stripes. She is an In Shape Out of Mind Reader, and she sent me a link to a post on HelloGiggles yesterday called 10 Reasons Running Doesn't Suck as Much as You Think. You should read it.


HelloGiggles cleverly used this old People magazine cover for their post. Back in the 70's people were baffled that other people ran. Then more and more people started "jogging". Then Farrah Fawcett started jogging and soon millions of feathered heads were out pounding the pavement.

Did you know that running is defined as a gait in which both feet are off the ground at regular points in running cycle? (Thank you Wikipedia)

On a slightly related note, the Backgammon Partner and I were comparing legs late last evening. I have legit shelves cut into my quads (they're impressive) and I didn't think there was any way he could compete. He did. I swoon.

Now's that's running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...