Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winter Running Gloves

My friend Holly is into running and sent me this question:

Hey girl! Question for you. Ive been running a lot in the park and am so sick of having to take off gloves to work my iphone. Do u recommend any good running gloves for winter?? I read your blog all the time! Youre my new running go to person lol :)

Thank you Holly for sending me this question and reminding me to finally write a post about my awesome Brooks Adapt gloves ($30).

the glove
I really don't like to wear gloves when I work out because I find them cumbersome. Fabric ones get wet and sweaty and leather ones are easily ruined. I found these Brooks gloves and my life has been forever changed. The glove is made of of 85% polyester, 15% spandex and the mitten is 100% polyester. They don't feel wet even when running in the rain.

The glove keeps my hands warm in reasonably cold temperatures (30s), but I put the mitten over my fingers if it's in the 20s or below. These gloves aren't made for super frigid temperatures, but you should be good running in Central Park night or day. I used these during my 15.5 mile run in the snow and my fingers only got cold when I was holding my frozen water bottle.

the mitten
The best part of the Brooks Adapt gloves is the MP3 thumb pad and the flip-back thumb. I am told that I should be able to use an MP3 player with these things, but I haven't been able to unlock my iPhone while running without flipping back the thumb. I just tested the MP3 pad while sitting on my couch, and it definitely works, so maybe I have issues doing things while moving. Maybe you'll have better luck.

the flip-back thumb
These gloves come in black, black with yellow, and black with green. I chose to get a colored pair because I like that they increase my visibility to others. I also drop things so it's nice to be able to see something that glows. The gloves have these nifty tabs on the wrist to make it easy to pull them on and off. These tabs are magnetic, making it easy to keep these gloves together in your pocket, bag, or running pouch.

I bought mine at the Jackrabbits on 86th Street, but you can order yours here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I am def gonna pick these bad boys up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could be of help. The green ones are supercute!

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...