Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Early Resolutions

Has anyone else noticed more people in the gym? I must not have been the only person who had a revelation that they needed to get their butt in gear before the holidays and not wait for New Years Resolutions. Speaking of butts - I caught sight of mine in the gym locker room mirror last night (fiiiine, I was checking myself out) and I thought, "My! Isn't that an attractive rear end?" It hasn't looked this good in a while, so I should keep up the good work.

I get super unhappy when the gym suddenly fills up in January. I promise to be nicer to people in 2013 as they invade my space to achieve their personal goals. I just hope the lazy ones give up quickly and return to their couches.

God bless Allie who writes Hyperbole and Half.
I don't know how she works with Paint and doesn't want to kill herself.
Last night I went to Jason's Powerflow Yoga class and I loved it as usual. We listened to some jazz music and worked on poses that should help build us up to crow pose. I'm still working on my warrior 1. I really like how Jason calls out the details because I want to learn how to practice yoga properly. I like flow but sometimes it feels rushed and I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. At one point we did something that looked like an old-school push up with one leg over our shoulder. Or at least some people did that. I managed the leg part.

This morning I got up at 6 and made it to 6:30 AM SpinDurance with Harlan Matusow. It was a great way to start the day, but unfortunately it made my commute a pain in the ass. I didn't bring my work clothes with me because I don't like having to drag around dirty workout clothes and heavy spin shoes all day. The weather was also supposed to turn crappy, which it did, and I wanted to figure out what would be the best outfit for the weather. Everything was great until I left my apartment at 8:15 and didn't get to work until 9:20 because of packed buses and delayed subways. Note to self - inclement weather means everyone is taking public transportation. I like working out in the morning, but I'm going to have to accept that I won't be at work until 9:30 when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...