Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 is Looking Good

We're only four days into 2014 but these four days have been pretty great. After an awesome NYE at Phish at Madison Square Garden, I woke up in my own bed and ordered Chinese. Then I got to spend some quality time with some CFHK besties before catching up on my DVR and going to bed.

I made it to CrossFit Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week. After the WOD last night, a bunch of us headed to South's for some New Year's nachos. I had a great time, which was evident when I walked into the box this afternoon in yesterday's clothes. Walk of Shame straight to the box.



The snowstorm was not keeping me away from my WOD. Last night we started off with tabata doubleunders. We had 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. I got 94 reps. I chose Barbara as my date and that fucking bitch handed me my ass.

BARBARA (TIME)
Five Rounds for time:

20 Pull-ups

30 Push-ups

40 Sit-ups

50 Squats

*3-minute rest after each round*

just in case I forgot
I only made it through 3 rounds plus 20 pull-ups and 21 push-ups in the 30 minute time cap. I used a blue band and struggled with the pull-ups. I was mad at myself for not using a different band and mad that I didn't finish and I spent a bit of alone time on the ground being pissed. Then I cranked out 9 more push-ups and called it a night.



Today's workout was Team America for time.

In Teams of 2 complete for time:

100 Kettlebell Swings 24kg/16kg
50 Burpees
15 Muscle-Ups or 20 Underhand Pull-Ups
10 Snatches 185/120
15 Muscle-Ups
50 Burpees
100 Partner Wall Balls 20/14

One person working at a time
Use any snatch (full, power, split)
Partner wall balls are alternating throws

Fiona was my partner and we attacked this WOD with a fiery vengeance or at least as fiery as I could get with a hangover post-brunch. (Side note: I went to George's down in the Financial District for brunch this morning and it was fucking epic. There was chocolate chip cornbread AND cotton candy.) We did the underhand pull-ups and used 58# for the snatch. My snatches were awful today. I couldn't hold the bar and it kept falling out of my hands. 

Back in the last week of June, we had a WOD with Russian KB swings and the 16kg KB pretty much wrecked me. I had to drop down to 12kg. Today I handled my 50 American KB swings with the 16kg KB with no problem. Fiona and I split them 20, 20, 10 and I was going through them unbroken. I felt so satisfied with myself. Not exactly proud, but rather pleased that getting an oddly shaped 35# weight up above my head has become a non-issue. It's what I feel about running 5 miles - I don't even think about it, I just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...