Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weight Loss Wednesday 5.25.16

I got on the scale to see what a weekend of Regional spectating did to me and I was pleasantly surprised to see 140.2 on the screen. I went for a 2 mile jog on Friday morning and took the rest of the weekend off. I drank a lot at Shaky Beats, I danced a ton, and I ate a massive amount of biscuits. One weekend isn't going to derail all of your hard work. Sometimes a physical and mental break can even help your progress.


I worked with my nutrition coach, Jenna Carelli, from November 1 through April 30. She's definitely one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. Her support helped me to trust the process and she helped hold me accountable. I struggle with moderation (big surprise!) and tend to go too far too fast. For example, if I see progress with 10 few grams of carbs per day, I start trying to knock off another 50 grams. This is not okay. Carbs are our friend. Fat is our friend. Food is our friend. I needed someone to tell me my numbers and make adjustments for me so that I could establish consistency. 


I'm going to tell you a bit about the numbers I've been using, but these are my numbers and I am in no way recommending that you use them. They are based on my height, weight, age, body fat percentage, and activity level. Flexible dieting is tailored to your specific needs.

There's a lot of information online, but I think it pays off to invest in coaching for 3-6 months. KatieFitScript has a lot of good information on flexible dieting and reverse dieting. Natalie Noe just released an awesome ebook. It's $21 and filled with some pretty solid advice.


Jenna started me at 135 P, 145 C, and 65 F. I liked these numbers a lot and saw progress. I admit that I didn't hit my macros consistently through the holidays or my work travel, but I did make more of an effort to stay on track than I had in the past. I love an opportunity to say fuck it and binge eat, and that's not good either.

After some attempts at carb cycling, my numbers, we lowered me to 125 P, 135 C, and 65 F for 5 days a week and 125 P, 300 C, and 81 F on one day. Unfortunately that high carb day tends to turn into a cheat day, which I'm working to fix.


I realized that I felt better on my old numbers and feel like I'm now in a place where I could try experimenting on myself. Last week I started aiming for 135 P on four days a week and 125 P the other three. I'm not sure what that will do, but I'm hoping it will help me feel satiated and ensure that I get adequate protein over the course of the week. Sometimes I come under my protein goal if I don't get enough before noon.

Life hack: use an over-the-door shoe organizer to keep your toiletries organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...