Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

There's This Guy

There's this guy at the gym. His hair is longer than mine. His tits are nicer than mine. He's got more tattoos than I do. Not to mention he's faster than I am, AND he was doing muscle ups at his first day of on-ramp. He's also a lawyer and happily married. I hate him.

I actually don't hate him at all. He's awesome. But a few years ago, I would have definitely hated him because I was insecure in my own self-worth and accomplishments. I have the power to change the way that I look, and I'm working on being happy with how I look today while always striving to look better. I can work to be stronger and faster, which I am (hashtag all the gains.) I love my own job and I am really grateful for the strange career path I found myself on because it lead me to where I am now. And relationships take work. I'm dating someone who loves me and puts up with my shenanigans and my dogs and my CrossFit addiction and the fact that I am frequently out of state. I've learned a lot since my last relationship. The end goal is not marriage and you don't put up with bullshit because you're so close to "happily ever after" in that house you've always wanted.

And so friends, be thankful today because you are enough just the way you are. Get some goals. Go after those goals. But don't let yourself or anyone else eat away at your confidence and make you feel like you'd be better or more lovable if you weighed less, lifted more, made more money, or did whatever else differently. Someone once told me that the thing he loved most about me was that I made him feel perfect just the way he is. I was like wow, I have never felt that way, especially not from you. So obviously that relationship did not work out, but it also showed me that I don't need someone else to make me feel that way about myself because I can make myself feel that way.

And it's deadlift day so let's rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...