Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 2016 Goals


Hi y'all! So June was a pretty good month. I traveled to both Nashville and New York. I got to spend quality time with my parents, see old friends, drink too much wine on the Long Island Railroad, and tour a firehouse. Living the dream.

Because it's entirely normal to get a 20 oz soda cup filled with pinot grigio.
No, like really. It's an actual thing you can order at Penn Station.
Life and Wellness Goals: I didn't die or get arrested, which is always a plus. I did manage to chip multiple manicures and lose a fight with a pool gate. I tried Rolfing for the first time and I think it might be the solution to my nagging shoulder problem. It's supposed to be painful but I found it very relaxing, probably because I find massages extremely unrelaxing. I tried to minimize the amount of time I spent working or panicking about work during my vacation to New York. I was only semi-successful. 

I fought the gate and the gate won.
Pure Barre Goal: I went to Pure Barre in Atlanta two times and Pure Barre in New York with my mom 6 times. Five days in a row of Pure Barre was difficult but also incredibly boring. I've gone to 47 Pure Barre classes this year. Sadly none of my New York classes count towards 100 Club membership because it's not my home studio. My staff account was finally shut down and now I can't check my class numbers. Sad face, but it was seriously overdue. It's really driving me crazy that I can't log in and check my numbers anymore.

CrossFit Goal: 68/200 WODs. I went to CrossFit 10 times, including a drop-in at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen. I PR'd my Fran time. I knocked off 1 minute, 19 seconds for a time of 8:01. I'm very proud of myself, especially because I wasn't wearing shoes or grips.

Mileage: I ran 24.4 miles, including the Hotlanta Half Marathon and the CrossFit Hell's Kitchen Pride 5K. Our 5K was a charity run to benefit March To Equality.


It was so much fun to be back in my original CrossFit home, even if I don't recognize half of the people in there anymore. The run was fun, but brutal after heavy front squats and Fran. I haven't run a 5K in 30 minutes since high school, which might be a total lie because I never took cross country seriously in high school and can't remember a single time. This might be the slowest 5K of my entire life, but I got to run it with my friend Jhon. Poor guy had to be pee before we even left the building, but we made it back in one piece, despite me falling off the sidewalk in front of the megabuses on 10th Avenue.

And in entirely unrelated news, I found one of my favorite photos of all time, which also proves that once upon a time, I actually did know how to use Snapchat.


But for real, since when did Snapchat become a marketing platform? I've got all of these state grant commissions telling me to follow them on Snapchat, and I'm like, for what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...