Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Let's Go Blaine

CrossFit Identity members got a fantastic message last week when we were told that Blaine would be coaching the 5:30 and 6:30 AM classes starting August 1. Blaine is one of my favorite coaches, but he stopped coaching before Eric and Brandon bought CFID. I have missed him telling me to get back on the bar because there's no time to stand around, that I have a butt wink (I think I fixed this), and that I need to push my knees out by my elbows.

The butt wink is the moment at the bottom of a squat when the pelvis begins to rotate backward and slip under the body.
source
So Kayte and I got on #theblainetrain and have gone to the 6:30 AM both mornings. It's actually kind of delightful to start the day with my favorite thing to do. Granted we haven't maxed out a lift yet, but I think I'm going to stick with this on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings.

Coach Blaine in his natural habitat. He's also on IG now! @letsgoblaine
This morning's WOD sucked. It started with a EMOM 7 of 3 low hang power snatches, followed by to AMRAP 7 of 7 power snatches, 7 pull-ups, 7 HSPUs. I subbed strict dumbbell presses and I still felt like garbage. It was like make the girl with the shoulder issue feel bad about herself day.

Yesterday was fantastic. We did a power clean and a hang clean every 90 seconds for 12 minutes with increasing weight. I stayed light starting with 55# and ending with 95# because of my back but it felt good. And then I dominated the metcon. I used 100# instead of 125# for the cleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...