Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sunday Morning Run and Friday's Perfect WOD

This morning I woke up refreshed from a solid night's sleep at my parents' house. I decided to go for a short run and was promptly reminded of my abs as I tried to get out of bed. My abs have never hurt while running before but I suppose there's a first for everything.



My mission was to run to the bank to deposit some money to pay for Frank and Daisy Mae's slumber party and then to run back to the East Norwich Deli for the world's best iced coffee. Mission accomplished in exactly 4 miles. I walked home with my gigantic coffee and caught some Pokemon.


I listened to an episode of If I Were You during my run. It was recently recommended to me by some guy I swiped right on. He has read Infinite Jest so I feel like I can trust his judgment. From what I've gathered after listening to one episode, the show is about two guys who live in LA and answer emails requesting advice. One seems to have a habit of throwing up on airplanes and the other seems to spend his weekends doing nothing secretively. I can relate.


My parents and I drove my sister and her boyfriend to the airport and then headed out east to go outlet shopping. I wandered around Levi's complaining that they were completely out of white skinny jeans in my size. I also clutched my midsection and asked aloud if I had rhabdo. No one understood what I was saying. I made it out with two pairs of jeans and three pairs of jorts. I changed into one pair immediately because the jorts I was wearing are so unflattering. Did you know that boyfriend jeans are literally cut for men? I thought it just meant they were cute and baggy but it turns out there's room for a penis in there. Not cute.

I made it to CrossFit Central LI on Friday. The (modified) WOD was everything I enjoy.

Skill:
High Hang Power Clean
Mid Hang Squat Clean
Squat Clean
Perform 7 Complex increasing weight each complex

I used 55#, 75#, 85#, 95#, 105#, 115#, 120#. I wasn't sure how the 120# would go but I hit every lift and I was so damn proud.

Skill:
Front Squat
3 x 3 Raise the weight from last week

This isn't my usual box so I have no idea what weight I would have used last week but the coach said to use 75% of my 1RM. I haven't maxed out my front squat in a while so I did 75% of 160# and used 120#. I wish I hadn't stripped my barbell between the cleans and the front squats. Oops.

Workout:
10 Rounds
10 Russing kettlebell swings @70/55#
10 Toes To Bar

1. I hate toes to bar. 2. I love the GHD machine. When I saw some people subbing GHD sit-ups for the TTB during round one, I immediately switched during round two. I had not done GHD sit-ups since the second to last time my back started acting up. My back felt fantastic but I forgot about the ab carnage. It hurts to laugh. It hurts to eat too much, which is a legitimate problem during paella night. I don't actually think that I have rhabdo but my abs might be a little swollen. I found this CrossFit Journal article by Coach Glassman that tells a story about King Sit-Up. Fortunately I don't have the same issues as that kid! And my goodness is Coach a jackass, but I sure do love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...