Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

National Watermelon Day


So National Watermelon Day is apparently a thing. I had no idea until I started seeing it online, but I was already wearing my cute Brady Bands watermelon headband. It went with my flamingo print shorts, but that's another story.


After realizing I didn't run at all (outside of a WOD) for the entire month of July, I knew that I needed to step up my game. And so I set out for a 6 mile run. Only when I was about to go, my Garmin touchscreen froze. I called up Garmin and a real life person named Julian who spoke with an American accent (I have no problem with accents, except when I don't understand a customer service representative and then I lose my shit) answered all of my questions and fixed my problem in less than 10 minutes. That alone should motivate you to buy a Garmin over another brand. They are completely worth the money.


Then I set out for a run on the Beltline. I have been loving podcasts lately in the car and on planes, so I wanted to see how they would do for running. I listened to a Rich Froning episode of Barbell Shrugged that I hadn't heard before and an episode with Garret Fisher, which was my very first episode. I really enjoyed the podcasts instead of music but they certainly didn't help me pick up the pace, as you can see my from my splits.


It was ungodly hot on the Beltline. I discovered there are no water fountains along the trail. Normally I bring my Tervis, but I wanted to practice running with my Flipbelt water bottles and I ran out of water after 3 miles. I stopped at my dogs' daycare and asked if I could refill my water bottles. They're great so they said yes, and I did assure them that I knew my dogs were at home. 


I walked all of mile 5 and some of miles 4 and 6. Hopefully my upcoming half marathon won't be so rough because it's at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...