Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, August 16, 2013

2 WODS in 12 Hours


I hadn't planned on Thursday night CrossFit, but I saw the WOD on my way into work and promptly signed up for 7:45 PM class. Fast forward through a rather long day for a Thursday and I was psyched to see that my friend from work was also taking the 7:45.

who wears short shorts?
I'm really into the barbell gymnastics classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and can't believe I was once intentionally avoiding them. I also really love when Anthony is the coach because he covers the mechanics of the moves, models the moves, and diagrams the angles of the moves. I'm a visual learner and a nerd so this really helps.

WOD:
Barbell Gymnastics
EMOM for 7
1 Power Clean + 5 Front Squats + 1 Split Jerk
As heavy as possible

Conditioning
3 rounds for time of:
50 Double-Unders or 50 Tuck Jumps
20 Steps OH Lunges in place 115/75#
10 Burpees

What really happened:

I got up to adding 20 lbs to the bar for the power clean, front squats, and the split jerk. Anthony says I'm not getting my front leg out far enough and I can tell that I'm landing a little off. I find that the heavier I go, the more likely I am to get in the correct position.

I also set up my area behind the really really hot guy (by accident, I swear) and I was totally distracted by him, his muscles, and his new CrossFit Nano 3.0s. They are so pretty - like him.

The conditioning portion of the workout was the reason I came and I loved it. I did the tuck jumps and I started off with 10 lbs added to the bar (5 lbs plates), but I dropped them after the second round. This workout was killer and I thought I was going to throw up. I finished in 11:06.

Here are some selfies I took in the bathroom before the WOD. Autumn has come in August in New York and I finally got to wear jeans again. I think I look adorable.



I ended up deciding not to shower at the gym and on the way home got a text from my race car date asking if I wanted to join him and his friend at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House. I rolled up exactly the way I left the box - sweaty and in booty shorts. The waitstaff was horrified. I couldn't give a fuck. Del Frisco's has the most amazing bacon I have ever tasted and I think their Double Eagle cooked medium-rare is actually a better steak than you get at Peter Luger. The cauliflower and Brie au gratin was sinful and the onion rings were everything an onion ring should be - big, crispy, and slightly firm yet still translucent in the center. And we drank a lot of red wine. The sommelier was really into whatever he was serving us, but I'm not really into red and I'm not particularly interested in wine unless it's in my mouth.

I ended up getting home around 11:30 and then after showering, checking for home invaders, and deciding if I should keep the AC off, I got a text from this guy I kind of like who lives in San Francisco. He says the distance is killer, but I'm more inclined to complain about the time difference. I was up until after 1 AM. The 5 AM alarm clock this morning was a bitch and I ended up back in bed for 10 minutes after changing into my workout clothes.

There was no way I was missing today's kettlebell WOD, even if it meant showing up to the 7 AM with less than four hours of sleep. It's Friday and I'm not hungover. It's a summer miracle and must be taken advantage of.

Oh hello. Back here less than 12 hours later?

WOD:
Strength
Snatch Pull

Warm up
5 X 40%
5 x 50%
3 X 60%

Work
5 X 75%
3 X 85%
1+ X 95%

Conditioning
12 minute AMRAP of:
10 KB clean & jerk (left) 24/16kg
15 KB swings 24/16kg
10 KB clean & jerk (right) 24/16kg
15 KB Hi-Pulls 24/16kg
Note: The KB should not touch the floor on any rep of clean and jerk or hi-pull.

I can't lift that heavy yet so my warm-up and work are pretty much the same thing. I got up to adding 25 lbs to the bar. I used a 10kg kettlebell for the conditioning workout and in hindsight I wish I had used the 12kg. It was effing hard and my performance wasn't pretty, but I didn't look as bushwhacked as my classmates when we were done. I got through 3 full rounds and the right side of the 4th. I wish I had started with the left so that my weaker side got more work. Only one person dropped their kettlebell so we had to do 3 burpees at the end. I realized that I was getting the clean and jerk confused with the kettlebell snatch. I would have had few no-reps if I had figured that out sooner.

Now I am in search of food because I am starving. I really wish I had that Del Friscos' bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...