Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Shelter Island Run

Greetings from Shelter Island! The Echeverria Family (minus my sister) Summer Vacation has begun!

My dad rented a house on North Cartwright Road and the view of Coecles Harbor is beautiful. My parents foolishly chose to an upstairs bedroom in an upside down house and I capitalized on their folly by quickly moving into the master bedroom downstairs.

view from the deck
From my bed in the master bedroom.
I went for a 5.2 mile run today. My route took me from North Cartwright Road to Rams Head Road. I hung a right onto Rams Head Drive and made it about halfway across the causeway when I hit 2.5 miles. There wasn't really a path to run on - hello cars! - and I wasn't planning on exploring Rams Head Island today, so I turned back the way I came.

we be getting fancy with picmonkey on vacation
We followed this route during the Bike Boat Bike ride and there are still markings on the road.


I like running on Shelter Island because there are hills. As anyone who has run the Harlem Hills more than twice can tell you, they get old fast. This steep hill is a major bitch to ride a bike up, but I enjoy testing myself as I run up it. It's also major fun to let loose and just fling yourself down on the way back. I took a SnapChat video of me flying down but it didn't look that cool and it was hard to tell what was going on.


Shelter Island is one of my favorite places in the world, especially Rams Island Drive. I think it is absolutely gorgeous and it makes me happy.


the house we're staying in is way to the left, but you can't see it with the iPhone photo

I started the run at a pretty good pace, but photos took precedence. I was chasing down a pack of wild turkeys during the 5th mile to SnapChat. Those things are frightening looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...