Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

6 AM CrossFit


I knew I wouldn't get to CrossFit today if I didn't get my ass up and at the 6 AM class. The team stepback has finally occurred in the NY office, but although I didn't have to fly anywhere, I still have little control over my day. I actually ended up really liking the 6 AM class, which made waking up at 4:45 AM seem like something I might do again.

Cold enough to wear a sweatshirt!

I'm covered in bruises to the point where I had to wear my long shorts to avoid awkward questions about domestic abuse (I think they're soccer related) and fortunately I have these nifty 
Champion bermudas.

Today is the first day I've made it to a barbell gymnastics WOD since that first trial class I took in June. 

TUESDAY's WOD

Barbell Gymnastics
EMOM for 7
Power Clean + Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk
As heavy as possible, provided you can control the weight down. remember, DO NOT DROP. Eccentric strength is what we want as well as power...

Conditioning
5 rounds for total working time:
15 Lateral box jump-overs 24/20″
15 Push press 115/75#
Rest 1 minute between rounds
Note: Lateral jump-overs should be done with a touch on top of the box.

What actually happened:

We started off with a warm-up of 5 rows, 5 front squats, 5 push presses, 5 back squats, and 5 bent over rows.

I did the Power Clean + Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk using 45 lbs for the first two rounds and then went up to 55 lbs. I am a huge fan of the split jerk, but I totally suck push jerk. I am going to dismantle the broom and get some more practice in. My boss's boss is in town for our stepback and she passed by during this portion and we waved and then I felt super special when she brought up seeing me in our meeting later today.

Conditioning was solid. I started with 55 lbs the first round but wasn't executing properly so I dropped down to 45 lbs. My total work time was 9:12.

A lovely woman named Michelle dropped in from Oregon and introduced herself to everyone. This made me realize that I probably come across as an awkward frigid bitch and this likely explains why I have no friends.

In case you are wondering why this post sounds like a random stream of consciousness, remember that I have been up since 4:45 AM, got an hour's workout in by 7 AM, was in my office showered by 7:15 AM, and sat in a meeting from 9 AM to 5:15 PM. Then I hid in the secret room and rested on the bean bag bed until dinner.

Avoid missing free dinner at any cost, no matter how tired.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back to blogging! This is my 'must read' on a daily basis. :)

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...