Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Cave CrossFit

Greetings from LA! I arrived last night, went to Yogurtland and then watched Sideways with two of my favorite guys in the world. Conked out on the couch and felt spectacular this morning.

Colton and I spent the day running errands and driving around town. We hit up Whole Foods, Alfred for coffee, and drove around the Hollywood Hills. Then I switched rental cars and made Colton take me to CrossFit (even though I have my own car.)

After much deliberation, we decided to go to Cave CrossFit on Beverly Boulevard. Coach and co-owner Zee Brod taught our class. Zee was great and gave me so much personal attention during our snatch work. We also got to meet Brian Jaffe, the other co-owner/coach at Cave CrossFit.

We had a thorough warm-up of a 400m run, jumping jacks, burpees, and Samson stretches. My snatch was seriously struggling today - I had to stick at around 45#. I realized that I hadn't eaten anything besides a green juice and a chocolate today and was pissed at myself.

The WOD was 21-15-9 thrusters and box jumps - 24 inch for women and 30 inch for men. Besides getting incredibly lightheaded and thinking I was going to throw up from hunger, I had an amazing time. I used 50# for the first 19 thrusters and then switched to 45# for the remaining. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this WOD and want to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...