Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday Funday: 31.2 Miles

I ran the Caumsett 50K yesterday, again. I know I said I retired from ultra running after Rock the Ridge, but I wanted to see if I could get a sub-5 hour finish. The answer is no, I could not.


It was really, really, really effing cold. Painfully cold. It's the first time I have ever run this race and never warmed up. I wore a sweatshirt over that top and a furry head warmer for the first nine 5K loops. I took them off for the last lap to light some fire under my ass and finish strong.

I really didn't enjoy running this race. I spent a good portion of it thinking, "This is neither constantly varied nor functional." I was bored.

We had some changes this year. We ran the 5K loop in the opposite direction and I liked it better this way. This was also the first year that there was an official marathon time marker. I entertained the idea of PRing the marathon like I did in 2012. As I approached the marker, the only thing I could think was, "Wow. The last time I ran a marathon this slowly, I was high."

Sometimes you have great runs and sometimes your runs suck. This run sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...