Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WODs on the Go

So I'm in Colorado for a leadership journey and I have entirely lucked out with my roommate Kristen. She's based out of our San Francisco office and she's a CrossFitter! We were so excited when we found out that we had that in common. Kristen goes to Diablo CrossFit, which happens to be where Alessandra Pichelli trains. My name is Alessandra, her name is Alessandra. I'm 27, she's 27. She holds a special place in my heart.

Kristen and I have been committed to exercising during this trip. We spent the first couple of days at a YMCA in Granby, Colorado. This is the mountains and there was snow. As much as I would have liked to run outside, I value my ankles too much and didn't want to fall off a cliff. Instead we did 100 burpees for time and both finished under 10 minutes. My time was 9:26.



Now we're in Denver at a Hilton Garden Inn, my favorite hotel chain. Hilton Garden Inns always have a nice fitness facility and this one is rather large. Kristen recommended that I do intervals, so this morning at 5:15 AM, I headed down for some treadmill action.


This was pretty dang hard because of the altitude. And I actually didn't follow the plan as written and increased the speeds so I started faster in the later rounds. My third round speeds were 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8 and my fourth round speeds were 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5. I also used 30# and 25# for the fourth round of weights. I figured that I needed to make it more difficult if I wasn't entirely spent and I'm glad that I did. Not sure the other hotel guests enjoyed me lying in the middle of the fitness room floor and doing the post-WOD gasps for breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...