Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

15.1

I've submitted my 15.1 scores and I must admit that I am pretty pleased with how I did. My goal was to complete 2 full rounds of 15.1 and then get through the deadlifts of the third round. I ended up completing 3 rounds plus 2 TTB for a score of 92 Rx. My 1RM clean and jerk had been 115# so I made my goal 105# because I factored in being tired from the first 9 minutes of the workout. I was able to PR with a 117# clean and jerk.

Workout 15.1
9-minute AMRAP:
15 toes-to-bars
10 deadlifts
5 snatches
  (M 115 lb. /  F 75 lb.)

Workout 15.1a

1-rep-max clean and jerk
  6-minute time cap

Kristen Alexander Photography
I prepared for 15.1 by getting my underarms waxed and curling my hair. I learned last year that the Open means our professional photographer boxmates can often be found with their cameras. As a self-admitted narcissist, I have no shame telling the world that I perform much better if I think a camera is on me. There doesn't even need to be a memory card or film in it. I LOVE the photo that my friend Kristen took of me locked out with my 117# jerk.

I was very lucky to have Coach Victor as my judge. I also loved the Friday Night Lights format and appreciate the Bud heavies waiting for me after I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...