Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Finding Something to Love

When I was younger, I hated my legs. I thought they were fucking huge, and they certainly didn't look like the dainty stick straight legs of many of my popular classmates. I remember a soccer player in my 5th grade class telling me he wished he had my legs because I had huge calves like a man. Not really the compliment a 10-year-old girl is looking for.

I got a sweet staph infection when I was in the 8th grade and ended up with some pretty nasty looking scars. I was so embarrassed by them that I wore jeans for an entire summer no matter how hot it was outside. I also remember that I was nervous to "confess" to my boyfriend freshman year that I had been hiding these hideous and disfiguring scars. I still have them but they're more white than purple and I often forget they're there.

Now I think my legs are my best feature. They look fucking awesome and they are huge. I have those muscles that pop out on my thunder thighs and calf muscles too large to fit into most boots. I can back squat 200 pounds. I can do front squats for days. I run a 400m warmup faster than most people can go all out and I always use a 24 inch box for box jumps. I couldn't do any of those things with the legs I wanted when I was younger. And besides all that my legs can do, they're just plain hot.

So in honor of Valentine's Day, I challenge you to think about your body and find something to love.


I've been rocking no pants and jacked legs way before it was cool.

1 comment:

  1. This is one the best posts I have read all day :)..

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...