Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Year, New Goals

source
So I had all of these plans for a bajillion blog posts for the new year and now it's January 13 and I am posting for the first time in 2016. To be honest, I've been really stressed out this year. Two new jobs, a new travel schedule, trying to figure out what 3.5 jobs in two different states in one year means for my taxes... I've worked myself up into a real tizzy. And that's my number one goal for 2016 -

Focusing on living my life one moment at a time. I get awful anxiety and I let it gnaw at me until I get angry and I can't relax or sleep. I paralyze myself with anxiety and then I feel a lot of guilt about wasting time. I recently read this click bait about turning anxiety into excitement. Today I pulled myself out of bed, dropped Frank at daycare, went to Pure Barre even though I wasn't working the front desk, came home to shower, and even put on REAL CLOTHES before sitting down to work. (Speaking of real clothes, these pants I am wearing are a pair of size 2 J.Crew trousers. Guess who is down to 145.2 lbs?) Instead of freaking out about all of the things I have to do today and cancelling Pure Barre and rushing to my home desk in my pajamas, I took it one step at a time. I got more done. Mind blown.

I also have some performance goals for 2016.

WOD 200 times in 2016. I saw that a CrossFitter from CrossFit Jersey City had this goal for 2015 and he reached it by the beginning of December. 200 divided by 12 is 16.67, so it looks like I need to WOD at least 17 times a month to meet this goal. With my travel schedule and Pure Barre, I know that there are some months where I'll need to step it up more than others. I'm excited to renew my unlimited membership at CrossFit Identity in February.

Tuck 10 times a month. The biggest perk of my new Pure Barre front desk associate position is a free unlimited membership. My goal is to make it to class 10 times every month. I started Pure Barre to supplement my CrossFit, not replace it.

Train for a 1/2 marathon. I am registered for the HOTLANTA Half Marathon on Sunday, June 12. I haven't trained for anything in a long time. I'm using this race to get ready for another 2016 goal.

Complete the Marine Corps Marathon in under 4 hours. I deferred my entry last year because tour was effing crazy. I knew in my heart that it would have been a wasted experience to shove another weekend of travel into my schedule. This year I'm going to look forward to the race and I am going to honey badger it.

I have some other general life and wellness goals.

Sleep 8 hours a night. Y'all know I suck at sleeping. This year I am focusing on getting some solid shuteye. I'm no longer impressed by my ability to function on little to no sleep. I also don't do it as well as I used to.

Drink 3 liters of water daily. Sometimes I am fantastic at meeting this goal, and other days I realize I've had maybe 8 oz. I choose liters as my measurement because I use a 1.5 liter water bottle and then I commit to drinking two of them. It's 101.4 oz, so 100 ounces a day is also a good goal.

Rock the GMAT. I've been talking about business school since I was 21 years old. (I am now 29 for those of you not keeping count.) There's always been some reason why I haven't taken the GMAT, but then something happens professionally, and it would be the perfect time to go to business school and I have no test scores. I have a new job that I really enjoy at a company that seems to be a very strong fit. I don't have any plans to leave, BUT that means this is a great time to take the GMAT. I start a Veritas Prep course in February and take the test in April. The scores are good for 5 years, which gives me a lot of time to decide if I want to go full-time, part-time, executive, or never.

Comment on other blogs. I read other blogs but I subscribe to the posts and receive them in my inbox. I rarely take the time to post a comment or engage with the blogger, which is kind of silly since I read what they write every time they post. This goal is less about meeting a comment quota and more about taking some time to engage with others who like to do similar things as me - exercise and write about it.

And so folks - two weeks into 2016, I have set some pretty big goals for the year. Stop being a crazy person, exercise like a crazy person, make friends with other crazy people. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...